Sr. Expert Plastic 2 Oil Refinery Interfaces (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions – in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria’s largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
- Support the development and implementation of OMV's Plastic 2 Oil business into the exiting refining asset base
- Ensure Plastic 2 Oil Syncrude quality and further operability in the refinery to highly valuable and sustainable fuels and petrochemical products
- Manage the interfaces to the refinery, to the relevant downstream refining process, utilities, side streams, etc.
- Steer necessary interfaces and alliances to achieve required Syncrude quality and certificates for final products
- Secure Plastic 2 Oil Syncrude and final product quality
- Define relevant Syncrude quality parameters for refinery processes and final product qualities
- Organize and steer relevant laboratory analysis and interpret results
- Define and organize necessary internal / external test programs for pilot facilities
- Evaluate Post Consumer Plastic feedstock as well as Plastic 2 Oil process parameter impact on Syncrude / Product Quality
- Drive and perform technology scouting and evaluate the relevance for OMV
- Support technical due diligence for new business opportunities
- University degree (master/diploma) in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering or Technical Chemistry
- At least 9 years of experience with refinery and petrochemical processes and products
- Experience in quality assurance for refinery and petrochemical products
- Sound knowledge and experience in development of chemical processes from the first laboratory test to the industrial scale
- Experience in funded research activities with a well-developed network and relationships in related areas, e.g. universities, research institutes etc.
- Proven track record of delivering results
- Fluency in German and English
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 75.411,70 all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Schwechat, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn
to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.