Senior Expert Internal Audit (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions – in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria’s largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
- Design, conduct and lead complex global audit engagements in compliance with the International Standards for Internal Auditing (IPPF)
- Ensure successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning and wrap up activities
- Apply risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identify any potential issues
- Assure compliance with the company's rules and regulations and with the law, thereby providing independent and objective insight
- Prepare premium-quality audit reports with conclusion, expressing professional opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of governance processes, risk management, control systems and the efficiency with which activities are carried out
- Lead, plan and execute the assigned audit engagements, including the establishment of objectives, scope, required resources, the documentation of work programs and testing results, and the communication of engagement results with applicable conclusions and agreed measures to appropriate parties
- Follow up on engagement findings and agreed measures, and report periodically any actions not effectively implemented
- Master Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Law or Engineering with at least 9 years of relevant professional experience
- Profound auditing experience, ideally Big-4 trained with extensive experience in external auditing and forensic investigations
- Austrian or international professional qualification such as StB, WP, ACCA, CPA, CIA, CFE advantageous
- Strong cross-divisional strategic and analytical thinking skills
- Broad experience of various interviewing techniques and excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to influence without formal authority and to work within real and virtual teams
- Excellent English and German knowledge is required as well as flexibility and willingness for business travel
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 68.030 all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn
to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.