Sr. Advisor Strategic Planning & Projects Petrochemicals (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions – in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria’s largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
- Responsibility for the Petrochemicals contribution to the development process and direction of OMV Group strategy
- Steers the annual strategy process for Petrochemicals (in alignment with Group strategy and financial planning process)
- Accountable and responsible for the development of strategic direction and targets of OMV Group, Petrochemicals as well as functional and regional units, assures coherence with OMV Group Strategy
- Defines high-level road-map including major projects and milestones for respective divisional strategies together with business divisions
- Develops and tracks KPIs based on defined and agreed mid- to long-term strategic targets for Petrochemicals segment of OMV Group
- Shapes, articulates and supports the crafting and communication of the OMV Group, Petrochemicals strategy, tracks its progress, assures close relation and highest alignment with business counterpart
- Develops M&A strategy based on OMV Group strategy of the area of responsibility, screens targets and supports execution of integrated M&A projects at Corporate level
- Supports the monitoring of the Petrochemicals strategy implementation programs and the development of necessary counter action in case of deviations in alignment with counterparts from the respective divisions
- Challenges and evaluates business opportunities outside of the core activities (functional and regional)
- Handles the ambiguity, uncertainty and complexity of the energy industry environment and reflect this in strategic considerations and recommendations
- Provides Petrochemicals and Competitive Intelligence input for Supervisory Board Reporting
- University degree Master / Diploma in Business Administration, Finance or Engineering
- At least 15 years of experience in strategy within the Oil & Gas industry with a focus on Downstream
- Extensive background and deep understanding of Petrochemical and Chemical value chains
- Wide and comprehensive knowledge about Petrochemical drivers and levers in close relation with Downstream / Upstream in integrated production sites ('Verbund')
- Own international network in Chemical / Petrochemical industry with long-term working experiences in Petrochemical strategy/marketing or business development
- Experience in strategy and business development analyses at strong regional/global players
- M&A and/or Joint Venture set up/management background is a plus
- Proactive and communicative personality with lateral thinking and analytical/conceptual skills, high social competence, has the ability to present findings on board level
- Open-minded personality with versatile interests; flexible team-player with excellent networking skills
- Excellent and proven command of English
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 98,942, all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn
to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.