Sr. Expert Plastic 2 Oil De-Polymerization (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions – in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria’s largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
- Support the development and implementation of OMV's Plastic 2 Oil business
- Responsible for the de-polymerization/ cracking process via appropriate process and kinetic modelling concepts
- Identification of appropriate modelling concepts by
- selection of rebust kinetic and process modelling approach
- laboratory experiments to define fundamental parameters
- continuous validation of simulation results with plant results
- continuous experience exchange with relevant universities and R&D institutions
- Permanent monitoring, optimization and adaption of process parameters and test program
- Development of a full process model which is the design basis for the next scale-up step
- Drive and perform technology scouting, assess the time to mature and relevance for OMV
- Support technical due diligence for new business opportunities
- University degree (master/diploma) in Chemical Engineering or Technical Chemistry
- At least 9 years relevant professional work experience
- Theory and practical experience in development of process simulations for refineries or chemical processes, preferably for cracking processes
- Profound understanding of theory and practical application of reaction kinetics and thermodynamics of mass and heat transfer
- Understanding of industrial business relationships and corresponding contractual requirements
- Experienced with simulation tools
- Understanding of refining processes
- Fluency in German and English
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 75.411,70 all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Schwechat, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn
to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.