Senior Expert Network Security Design (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions – in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria’s largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
- Implement and customize network security solutions and processes and ensure technical service delivery through continuous knowledge exchange and best practice implementations. Participate in projects, give technical advice and perform technical implementations.
- Ensure efficient delivery of network security services to OMV Group; guide and counsel the internal and external technical resources for project and application support.
- Challenge vendors from technical point of view (system setup, experience based on OMV specific technical system setups, etc.) and perform technical evaluations in tender processes.
- Design and provision network security services in a hybrid cloud environment with special focus on Microsoft Azure (Azure virtual networks and security controls such as Network Access Controls, Network Security Appliances, Web Application Firewalls, Network Security Groups etc.) based on solutions and security architects’ input.
- Continuously work on technical and innovative improvement of network security services and systems as well as maintain technical documentation according to the company’s standards.
- Global responsibility for the corporate network security environment with focus on transformation towards a hybrid cloud environment covering data center, office and OT areas
- Master University degree IT Management
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience with comprehensive understanding of all elements within own discipline and a broad knowledge of the business context and interdependencies
- Advanced expertise in designing, implementing and operating secure and high-availability network security environments with a special focus on hybrid cloud
- Excellent skills in troubleshooting complex incidents or management of complex problems related to enterprise network security environments across different technologies & vendors (i. e. Check Point, Barracuda)
- Knowledge, experience and ideally certifications in the areas of routing and switching, wireless networks and network security (CCNP level preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with access and web proxy solutions
- First experience with Microsoft Azure from network security point of view (Isolation, VNet connectivity and traffic filtering, ExpressRoute and VPN connectivity, as well as Security Controls such as Network Security Groups etc.)
- Solid ability to innovate, suggesting improvements to the work related to own and adjacent activities, participation in developing solutions to complex problems and identify opportunities to improve activities
- Fluent command of English (written and spoken)
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 68.030, all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn
to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.
Katharina Hauser, Katharina.Hauer@epunkt.com